Culture is produced everywhere, all the time. Most of it exists for only for a short while.
From time to time a particular culture comes into existence that is of such value that it makes sense to preserve, cultivate or celebrate it.
This particular culture – be it a collection of objects, a narrative, a cuisine, a craft or a site – will need a setting to experience and express its values and qualities.
Design For Culture works with clients to develop, design and build these settings.
Design For Culture was founded by Hoi Chi Ng and Sjoerd Hoekstra.
Design For Culture is committed to designing and building projects that avoid waste and promote the circulation of materials and resources. We work closely with material suppliers, contractors, printers and craftsmen to develop new practices for material sourcing, fabrication, installation, dismantling, reuse and recycling.
- Architectural and interior design
- Research, curating and content development
- Interpretation & exhibition design
- Heritage conservation consultancy
- Graphic design
- Project management
- City University
- F11 Foto Museum
- Fongsuo Commune
- Hong Kong Heritage Museum
- Hong Kong Institute of Conservationists
- Hong Kong Land
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hong Kong Science Museum
- Hong Kong Maritime Museum
- Koshirakura Village
- Lee Kum Kee
- Le French May
- Swire Archives
- Tate St Ives *
- The Consulate General of the Netherlands In Hong Kong
- Victoria & Albert Museum *
* Hoi Chi Ng with Jamie Fobert Architects
Design For Culture was established by Hoi Chi Ng and Sjoerd Hoekstra.
We welcome your inquiries about our services. Please get in touch:
Design For Culture Limited
UG/F 24 Caine Road, Central, Hong Kong
+852 2869 5436